search not finding hits within secure notes

Options
kbrown
kbrown
Community Member

OS X 10.9, 1Password Version 4.0.5 (405001)

Cannot find a keyword within the body of a secure note. This is very important to be able to do.

Comments

• David_JT
    David_JT
    Community Member
    Options

I experienced the same problem. Then I came across this statement in Known Issues in 1Password 4 for Mac, the closed discussion near the top of the discussion list- "1Password does not search beyond the first line of secure note items and the note fields in other items." This statement is not correct. It should say "1Password 4 does not search...". 1Password 3 searched all lines of secure notes just fine. Now this feature has been removed?! This is a huge disappointment and a reason to either downgrade to 3 or look elsewhere for a password manager.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The feature has not been removed. 1P4 was re-coded from the ground up and this much requested feature has not yet been added. It will appear. There have been a number of threads on this forum about it.

Stephen

• David_JT
    David_JT
    Community Member
    Options

Whether 'removed' or 'not yet been added', this is an essential feature of your product. This deficiency needs to addressed as soon as possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kbrown and @David_JT,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your feedback on this. As @Stephen_C mentioned, this is not a permanent change. We understand that the search feature needs to look a bit more closely at Secure Notes, and believe me, it is on our developers' to do list! As you may have noticed, we've been a bit busy since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac, but we're all putting in extra hours to get things sorted just as soon as possible!

We really appreciate your patience as we work to polish 1Password up :)

This discussion has been closed.