Having trouble logging in to Wells Fargo (App & browser)

Options
HeroBoy
HeroBoy
Community Member

A friend of mine has been espousing the virtues of 1PW for a while now, and today I finally decided to put in the time to get it all set up. Everything seems to be working great for the most part, with the exception of Wells Fargo, which will not log in. When using autofill, either I get a bad username/password error, or it tells me I have entered an invalid character. However, manually entering the same information will let me into the site just fine.

Here's what happened:

1) On my iPhone (4S, iOS 7.3), I opened the Wells Fargo mobile app, manually typed my username, and pasted the password from 1PW.
Result: Failed login.

2) On my web browser (Chrome, Windows 7), went to wellsfargo.com and manually entered username and password.
Result: Successful login.

The above steps theoretically confirm that the user/PW information is not the problem.

3) On my iPhone, I opened the 1PW app and used autofill within the 1PW browser.
Result: Failed login.

4) On my iPhone, within the 1PW browser, I pasted the PW but manually typed the username.
*Note that step #4 is identical to step #1, except this time it is within a browser, while step #1 was within the Wells Fargo app. The browser worked, the app did not.

5) On my iPad, within the 1PW app browser, I used autofill.
Result: Failed login ("password contains invalid characters")

6) On my iPad, within the 1PW app browser, I manually entered username and pasted the password.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HeroBoy,

I'm glad to hear that you've decided to give 1Password a try ... and that things seem to be going well for the most part! Let's try and get this last bit sorted out, shall we?

First of all, I would also like to thank you for doing such thorough testing! Because you are seeing a variety of errors, I think the easiest thing to try here might just be to save a new Login for Wells Fargo. In testing here, creating a new Login using https://www.wellsfargo.com/ logs in as expected.

Because you are seeing an "invalid character" warning sometimes, it might be worth it to check up on Wells Fargo's password requirements. Some fancy characters or symbols in your current password could be causing problems here. (We have seen cases where a desktop site will accept a password with characters that will cause the mobile site to fail.)

Please let me know how things work out for you!

• HeroBoy
    HeroBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Solved! The issue was that I was creating a password that was longer than their 14 character limit. Oddly, it allowed me to change the password anyway, but then it didn't like it when I tried using it :)

I created a shorter password and now all is well!

Thanks for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HeroBoy,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm making a note about Wells Fargo for the next user who has a similar issue - thanks for doing the detective work. :)

I'm closing this thread since all seems to be well, but if you have further questions, just open a new discussion and we'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.