1Password 4.0.5 (App Store) doesn't save Preferences

Options
Spike82
Spike82
Community Member

Every time I start 1Password, the "Welcome to 1Password4" screen appears. Next, it asks me if I want 1Password mini running, again. The sync preferences are gone.
I've already removed 1Password with App Cleaner and installed it several times.

This happens every time I launch 1Password app. I'm using iCloud for syncing purposes.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you rebooted since installing 1P4?

Stephen

• Spike82
    Spike82
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, several times.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Try restarting 1P4 Mini (Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Mini). Sorry if it doesn't help but it does sometimes cure problems!

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spike82,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now.

First of all, if you ever need to reinstall 1Password 4 in the future, all you really need to do is go to Preferences > General and uncheck "Always keep 1Password min running", then quit 1Password and move it from the Applications folder to the Trash. Generally we don't recommend using any 'app cleaner' programs to remove 1Password, as they might remove data backups which could be useful if you plan on continuing to 1Password.

Now, in order to get a better idea of what's currently going on with your system, I'd like to see a Diagnostics Report.

Please download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.