Clicking open when setting the dropbox folder does nothing

Options
Andrew Hersee
Andrew Hersee
Community Member

I have version 4.0.5 and Mavericks.

After starting 1Password I click on I've used 1Password before and then tick Dropbox.

Note there are no green ticks or status items as per the Sync part of the manual, however there is click here to find the Dropbox folder... and choose folder...

Clicking either pops up an Open dialog, I select the DropBox folder within my users folder and hit Open but the window does not close.

If I navigate to 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain then I can select that file, however I'm not certain that's what I should do as I also have a 1Password.agilekeychain file in the root of my Dropbox. Which one would the iOS app be using?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Andrew. Sorry you're having some trouble getting 1Password 4.0.5 configured with Dropbox syncing.

The first thing to do is determine why 1P4 isn't detecting that Dropbox is installed/running and fix that problem. Can you confirm the Dropbox.app program is both installed and running? You should see its icon in the menu bar, like in the first image of the Sync with Dropbox. If not, the problem is with your Dropbox installation and you'll need to resolve that, maybe checking Dropbox - Help for some assistance, before 1P4 will work properly with it.

If you're pretty sure Dropbox is already properly installed please let me know and we'll do a more detective work figuring out the trouble with it. A couple simple things to check is if it's in your system /Applications folder and if you can see it under the Login Items tab of System Preferences > Users & Groups for your account, similar to this:

About your two 1Password.agilekeychain files, Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain is the default (and recommended) location and probably the one 1Password on iOS is using. Let's first figure out what's going on with the Dropbox app and then we can get the the two keychain issue sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.