Using 1P3 on 2009 MBP... Purchased new MBP and 1P4 now Sync has hidden or deleted most of my data.

Options
dorsey132
dorsey132
Community Member

I've been trying to sync 1P4 on my new MPB (purchased last night). I've been trying to connect to the 1P file I always point to in Dropbox to sync my old 2009 MBP (1P3) as well as my iPhone 4s version of 1P.

While trouble shooting I was presented with a sync conflict screen with two options (within 1P3 on my old box). It asked if I wanted to use my internal MacBook file or Dropbox file. I chose my dropbox file and now all of my data is gone. The logins seem to be there but there are no more url's, usernames or passwords contained within them. Can you help? Is there a way to trigger that conflict screen so I can point to the original internal file? Where is that file located?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dorsey132,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password synced up! I think the quickest way to get you sorted is to get some more information on your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report? Just to cover all our bases, I'd like to see one from your new computer, as well as your old one.

For 1Password 4 and your new MBP:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

For 1Password 3 and your older MBP

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach both the entire files to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.