Fresh install - iCloud Mobile Documents only sync partially

Options
Breezer
Breezer
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hi,

I currently use 1PW 4 on 2 Macs, an iPad and an iPhone. They are synced via iCloud.

Now I got another new iMac with 10.8.5 where I've installed 1PW 4. But I cannot get iCloud to work because documents are only synced partially:

The sync hangs after a couple of seconds at the state depicted in the screenshot. It seems to hang every time at the exact same point.

Already tried rebooting, removing and reinstalling 1PW completely, disabling/enabling iCloud Documents Sync etc. On my other Macs and iOS devices, everything works fine.

Comments

• Breezer
    Breezer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so I tried now manually copying the relevant folders from one Mac to another. So far it seems to work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Breezer. I do apologize for not helping you with this problem sooner and am glad you found a way to resolve it.

If I understand correctly, you manually copied complete 1Password iCloud data from one Mac to the other one with incomplete data (as shown in you image)? Had you temporarily disabled iCloud synching while doing that and since then syncing between all Macs and iOS devices has been working properly?

• Breezer
    Breezer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

yes, I manually copied the iCloud data from one Mac to the new one. I did temporary disable iCloud sync on the new Mac. Sync apparently works now, but the iCloud-Settings and the Notification center now show strange titles (see image).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the extra explanation, @Breezer.

That name you're seeing in Notification Center is a known issue

• Notification Center shows 1Password mini notifications with the name "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits...". It should show 1Password when the actual notification come in.

4.0.7 resolves that issue. The Agile Web Store update is currently available; the Mac App Store update has been submitted to Apple and we're awaiting their approval.

Where exactly are you seeing that in iCloud settings and on which version of OS X?

• Breezer
    Breezer
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, okay. I thought it was related to my manual intervention.

The screenshot was taken from System Settings -> iCloud -> Documents & Data -> Options. It's under 10.9.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Breezer. I thought it was 10.9 but didn't have a Mavs+iCloud system handy to check. :)

If you're currently running the 4.0.5 MAS version of 1P4 can you take another look at that iCloud setting after the next update to see if it differs?

This discussion has been closed.