New Version 4 isn't working well at all

Options
macinoregon
macinoregon
Community Member

I'm really disappointed in this new version. It's just not working. It isn't saving new passwords. It doesn't "replace" passwords, only saves so we end up with more than one password for a site that we don't need. It's autofilling the wrong password on sites (this forum for example and every other site I visit).

I know it will be fixed if it's a bug others are having but except for the new look of 1Password, it's just not working. I've been using it for years and with no real issues before this.

iMac w/10.9
Macbook w/10.9
Both - using safari 7.0

Thanks so much

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macinoregon,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the latest version. I'd love to help you get set up here.

It isn't saving new passwords.

If 1Password isn't offering to save Logins, please check in Preferences > Browsers and ensure that "Automatically ask to Save new Logins" is checked

It doesn't "replace" passwords, only saves so we end up with more than one password for a site that we don't need.

We are currently working to make 1Password recognize when you are changing the password on a site and offer to update your Login for you. Unfortunately, this feature isn't working yet. So for now, your best option is to update the Login manually while the newly generated password is copied on to your clipboard. In the event that you forget to do so, 1Password saves all generated passwords in the Password category.

Once your generated password is updated in a Login, cleaning up the Password category is easy: just click on the Security Audit and go through your Duplicate Passwords and delete any Passwords that match existing Logins. Or go to Help > Tools > Remove Redundant Generated Passwords. :)

It's autofilling the wrong password on sites (this forum for example and every other site I visit).

This is a bit strange. When you click reveal on the password in your Login, is it correct? Are these newly saved Logins or ones that you have imported from 1Password 3?

This discussion has been closed.