Can't add vault to 1P4 (MAS version)

Options
autumnmist
autumnmist
Community Member

I have a shared vault I created to share logins with a family member. I set up the shared vault on my Macbook Air (OS X 10.9, MAS version) on Tuesday. Today, I attempted to set up the shared vault on my Macbook Pro (10.9, MAS) but it keeps telling me I have the wrong password.

I am definitely entering the right password. In fact, the shared vault is syncing via Dropbox and when I go to the 1PW Anywhere interface on Dropbox for the shared vault, it accepts the password I enter. When I try to import the shared vault into 1PW on my MBP, I enter the same exact password and 1PW says incorrect password.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @autumnmist,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting this secondary vault onto your MacBook Air.

Our developers are currently tracking a bug related to sandboxing that can cause difficulty when setting up secondary vaults. I'd like you to try this workaround:

• Create a new vault via the 1Password Menu > Create New Vault
    • Match the name/password of the secondary vault that you're opening
    • Enable Dropbox/Folder sync to select that file

This should get things synced up for you - please let me know how it goes!

• autumnmist
    autumnmist
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that let me import the existing vault; I was prompted to merge the contents and did so. I was able to create and sync a test secure note.

• weynacke
    weynacke
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this problem too. I'm running 1Password 4.05 (updated in last 24 hours) on all machines. I create a secondary vault on my iMac running OS X 10.9 and share it via Dropbox. When I try to add it to my wife's 1P (also iMac 10.9) I get an error message that the password is incorrect. I have tried the work around outlined in Megan's post and I get the message that I can't create a vault with a name that is already in use. I tried creating a vault on my wife's 1P and adding it to mine. I was able to add it to my 1P but the data in the vaults do not sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @weynacke,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting multiple vaults set up.

Let me see if I can clarify the above steps, because they should work for you - I hope!

If the vault you want to share is originally on your wife's computer, you'll want to create an empty vault with the same name and password on your own computer. Then when you set up syncing on this vault, just point it at the location in Dropbox that your wife's vault is synced to.

This bug will be resolved in the next update, so hopefully in any case you won't have to worry about it soon ... but please let me know if you are still running into difficulties!

This discussion has been closed.