How can I "force" a sync on the Mac?

Options
golfsierra
golfsierra
Community Member

in the iOS versions there is a button "SYNC NOW" but what to do on the Mac? I entered a new notice on the iPad and the Mac is saying "last synced x minutes ago" ... nice that it is telling me that ... but I want ACTUAL DATA ... I tried to quit and restart the app ... no effort ... I don't know WHEN the sync is done and HOW I can do that manually ...

Comments

• Hi @golfsierra,

Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password 4 and Dropbox for syncing?

In this case, the problem might be related to this bug:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87235/#Comment_87235

• golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @roustem,
    yep I am using dem MAS version but I am using iCloud to sync ...

I found out that 1PW on Mac for me only syncs again when I CHENGE something on the MAC. When I am updating something on the iPad it takes ages for the Mac app to sync again. I still don't know under which circumstances the Mac App checks if there is new content in the cloud and syncs again ...

I do now my FORCED sync by creating a new item, the Mac app is syncing and then deleting the item, the Mac app is syncing again and all data are the same. It works but the procedure is ugly ...

greez

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @golfsierra. I apologize for taking this long to respond here.

Are you still having trouble with iCloud Sync after updating 1P4 to 4.0.3 on your Mac and 4.3 on your iPad?

Oh, now I see you might be switched to the website version and possibly having issues with that.

And I just discovered recent email correspondence with us where it sounds like everything's been resolved.

If you do still have any remaining issues please let me know and we can get them sorted out more quickly through email.

Thanks!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@golfsierra, in this thread (at post #60) Jeff Shiner of AgileBits said (in the context of problems with Dropbox sync):

As a work-around to force a sync you can either lock/unlock 1Password or switch vaults.

Perhaps that will help you if you find you do still need to force a sync. (I'm merely assuming it also works to force an iCloud sync.)

Stephen

• golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@sjk: NO ... the iCloud is making huge problems now!
    the sync with ICLOUD is not working correctly and I don't know why. Even after reinstalling the app on the devices, deleting the iCloud data and starting from scratch there are many problems: I changed an secure note entry on my iPad but on the iMac it stays the old one because the iMac is NOT syncing it. In the prefs the iMac says last sync 25 minutes ago ... but I changed the item on my iPad 20 minutes ago ...
    When I enter the passcode on my iPhone 5s I see the wheel spinning over the lock for nearly ONE MINUTE! until the vault opens ... wasn't so prior the update ... Meanwhile I will switch back to Dropbox sync (even I will lose again all my attachments when using Dropbox) ...

PLEASE HELP again

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, golfsierra.

Please check your Messages inbox for followup about any syncing issues you're still having. Thanks!

• golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    Options

using now Mac 4.0.9 and iOS 4.3.1 ... iCloud-sync and Dropbox-sync seem to work for me now reliabel as it should. My attachments from the Mac-version are visible on my iOS-devices too ...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, @golfsierra! Thanks for the followup. Since the topic of this topic you started has been resolved I'll close it now. :)

This discussion has been closed.