Identity Address Line 2 doesn't work

I have a mailing address identity that uses Address Line 2. But it never fills in the second address line, regardless of the site. I always have to do that manually.

Comments

• Hi @Knouse,

Can you give us an example of a site where this doesn't work, so we can test it.

Thanks!

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

Sure

https://www.usps.com then click on Look Up a ZIP Code

Add a new address to your Amazon account
    Your Account > Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings > Add a New Address
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/address/view.html?ie=UTF8&viewID=newAddress

Join Privacy Guard https://www.privacyguard.com/global/scripts/promo.asp?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, knouse! Those links are very helpful. I've filed this (RM4290) for resolution in an update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

Any progress on a fix or is there a workaround?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not at this time. It's on our list. I'll be sure to update the thread with any news.

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

It's been 4.5 months since I reported this bug. Is it on the Soon to do list or better yet the Do for the next version list?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013

I'm sorry I don't have any more information to share at this time. We don't normally provide time frames since there are far too many factors which affect them for individual features and bug fixes. I've noted this thread in our issue tracker so that we can post back here with any news.

Please let me know if there is something else I can help with in the meantime. For now, you can probably put the entire address on a single line like I do. It's actually the official standard in the US according to the United States Postal Service:

123 N MAIN ST APT 4

ANYTOWN US 54321

(Just as an example.) I understand that this is almost certainly not the reply you were looking for, since I'm essentially recommending that you change your behavior rather than reporting that this issue has been fixed. But I do hope that it helps even just a little bit until such a time as the issue with the second line is resolved.

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

Was this fixed in V4?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @knouse,

Thanks for checking in on us! Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available in 1Password 4. I have reminded our developers about it. In the meantime, Khad's suggestion of using a one-liner for your address is probably still the simplest solution. :)

• AirboxMedia
    AirboxMedia
    Community Member

BUMP!

This is a really important feature - Lots of UK address require a 'Address Line 2' - This section is useless to me until your developers can spare some of their time to add a 1 extra line of information in.

I'm disappointed this has still not been resolved as a developer myself, they just pretty much need to duplicate 'Label' and 'New Field' which is already in the same section.

Anyway, I really hope this gets updated soon :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AirboxMedia,

Thanks so much for adding your vote here. It's good to know how important this feature is for our UK users. As a developer, I'm sure you know how exciting and overwhelming launch-time can be. I can assure you that our developers (and our entire team) have all been putting in extra hours to make sure 1Password 4 is as polished as it can be. We've just about managed to sort out several annoying bugs, which means it's pretty close to time to turn our attention to adding some new features.

We really appreciate your patience here :)

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

This item is pushing 15 months.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @knouse,

Thanks for checking in on us! I don't have much of an update for you at this time, but I've pinged our developers about this and reminded them that there are users interested in seeing a fix here. :)

• drothschild
    drothschild
    Community Member

This is a really important feature.It's standard in almost every address form I've seen at a shopping site, it's built into the identity auto-fill on Safari and Chrome. It used to be a feature on 1Password. I'm sort of shocked here.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drothschild‌

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here. I've mentioned to our developers that you're keen on seeing this feature added! :)

• Lane
    Lane
    Community Member

"Where's the address line 2?" +1 for this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lane,

I've added a vote in our internal issue tracker just for you. :D

• Mr. H
    Mr. H
    Community Member

Surely this one wouldn't take long to implement? It's now been 18 months since the issue was raised. Let's have a fix please.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mr. H,

I'm sorry that I don't have an update for you on this request at this time. I've updated the report in our internal tracker with a vote for you. Thanks for keeping us on our toes!

ref: OPM-1053

• jamestagal
    jamestagal
    Community Member

Hello Mr. H and others,

I second your request for a 2nd address line in Identities. I certainly have the need for at least 2 of my accounts. I just purchased 1password today but having trouble when I have to include the 1st and 2nd address components together on one line. This isn't going to copy across well when auto filling. I hope you are going to act on this feature request soon! Is there an ETA?

Regards,
    Ben

• Jasper
    edited August 2014

Thanks for the feedback, @jamestagal. I don't have an ETA, but will pass along your interest for this feature as well. :)

• Martha Mead
    Martha Mead
    Community Member

I'd like to add a request for this feature also. I use 1password a lot for form filling. The missing second line kinda defeats the whole 'speed' purpose. I'm having to manually enter the second line. Sometimes, the info I have stored for line 1 will repeat into line 3 or 4 on a webform. Pretty annoying.

I agree with AirboxMedia. I am from UK and pretty much everywhere has a district that's required.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Martha,

Thanks so much for adding your vote here! I'll pass your thoughts along to our developers. :)

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member

Add another vote from a UK user. Strangely enough I only noticed a problem when I went to update the address associated with an identity. The address was already showing two lines in the same field (ie. one below the other, with a carriage return). When entering the new address I can't seem to add a carriage return, nor a second line.

This really needs a fix. Most countries outside the US have multiple address lines!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @twynne,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here - I apologize that this issue is bugging you.

• @timi
    @timi
    Community Member

Bump. Still missing.
    Blocking carriage returns is also not cool if this isn't going to be fixed.

• gpmooremd
    gpmooremd
    Community Member

This is still missing and is very irritating. I have to go back and fill in my apt number every time. It works fine in LastPass and has for years

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know you're interested in this feature! I don't have anything to announce at this time, but I'll remind our developers that you're keen on this feature being implemented. :)

• montalbanana
    montalbanana
    Community Member

Please add my vote and keep reminding your developers that this issue matters to your international customers. Much of the world (and even rural Canada!) requires another line. If I put it all on one line as 1Password requires, some vendors truncate it (removing the street name in my case, so there's a risk my stuff won't get delivered). Thanks.

• chas830
    chas830
    Community Member

Please fix this issue. It has become and issue since my recent move.

This discussion has been closed.