BUG in search field - drag to highlight moves window instead

Options
PeterNorman
PeterNorman
Community Member

Hi!

I have found a reproduce-able bug in the Mac App Store edition of 1Password 4 for Mac v4.05.

• if 1Password is open, close it
  • run 1Password, enter credentials
  • click in 'search' field at top of main app window (or in toolbar area)
  • type a bunch of text
  • on a trackpad, double-tap and drag to highlight the text you just typed
  • the whole 1Password app window moves as though you clicked the Window's title bar and dragged the window around

-peter

Comments

• kbrown
    kbrown
    Community Member
    Options

When trying to click and drag to select the content of the search field, it incorrectly moves the whole 1Password window.

OS X 10.9, 1Password Version 4.0.5 (405001)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @kbrown.

This is a confirmed issue and we'll get it resolved in a future update. Thanks for the reminder. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, I got updated to version 4.07 from the AgileBits version yesterday, and this issue, which is a reversion from earlier fixes I beta, has been fixed. I expect that the MAS version will follow when Apple approved the revision there.

• mcedin
    mcedin
    Community Member
    Options

When a like to change search I try to mark the hole earlier search.
    BUT: the the window starts to move around just as i do (shall do) when I actually want to move the window.

• mcedin
    mcedin
    Community Member
    Options

the whole...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, folks, I've merged some related topics into this one.

The "highlighting text in toolbar search field moves main window" bug reported here has been resolved. The Agile Web Store update with the fix is currently available. The Mac App Store update with the fix has been submitted to Apple and awaiting their approval.

This discussion has been closed.