2 Questions [1Password licensing/purchasing/upgrading]

Options
SPA22
SPA22
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello,
I just purchased 1Password 4.0 for Mac single license. I went to the website and I see they have a family license which I didn't see as an option in the AppStore. Can I upgrade to a family license? Also if I want to use 1Password on my iPhone and iPad do I need to buy the mobile app or is it free if you have a Mac license?
Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can use the Mac App Store version on any computer that uses the same Apple ID (if that helps). You do need to buy 1P4 for iOS if you want to use it on your phone and iPad but the good news is that if you buy it you can use it on both (again assuming they use the same Apple ID).

As to the possibility of upgrading the MAS version to a family licence I'm guessing from post #3 in this thread (on the beta forum) that it will be possible (in due course, if not now).

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Stephen_C

I doubt that moving to family license from a Mac App Store would work. Another company tried a similar approach to migrate customers with the ability to purchase upgrades. Apple put a kibosh to that ability.

http://www.macstories.net/stories/on-omnikeymasters-shutdown/

Reading a Mac App Store license file and allowing it to run a web version however has gone without question AFAIK.

The issue seems to be the upgrading outside of the Mac App Store, not so much the cross grading thing. Of course I could be off and the team have something else in mind ?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower, ah, sorry—thanks for the clarification. I also intended to indicate that AgileBits would probably be helpfully sympathetic to a request to update from MAS to a family licence. I should have made it clear that it wouldn't necessarily be an automatic process.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C

No problem, as I just wanted to make sure you saw the topic I referenced. Your like 99.999999% spot on on your posts. So I cant complain and then again who am I to complain. :)

Beside it more than likely sounded correct on your end and read different to me. Happens to me all the time, in that I think it means one thing and someone else reads it different.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @SPA22.

I hope the information that @Stephen_C and @thightower offered here answered your questions. Be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can answer or help you with. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.