Firefox count-up

Options
zlig
zlig
Community Member

Hi, I know that this has been discussed before but I wasn't able to find a solution from the earlier posts.

I have just bought/installed 1Password 4.05 on my Mac, and have it up and running fine on both Safari and Chrome, but it won't work on Firefox. It prompts me for a "Master Password to unlock" and once this is entered I get "Connecting" and a count-up which goes on and on.

I have tried the following:
1. reset Firefox to default state, reinstalled 1Password plugin & restarted Firefox
2. checked for a proxy setting - no proxy being used
3. disabled Firefox's password manager

I noticed 1Password created a Firefox item, but as it didn't seem to be working anyway I deleted it and 1Password promptly crashed.

Help anyone?

Marius

Comments

• zlig
    zlig
    Community Member
    Options

Incidentally, I'm using Mavericks.

• zlig
    zlig
    Community Member
    Options

I solved this myself, so I thought I'd share the solution to whoever is experiencing a similar problem.

I started by completely removing Firefox using AppCleaner. Be warned: this will remove your profile (~/Library/Application Support/Firefox) so you may want to be sure this is backed up before trying this).

Then I reinstalled the latest version, removed the "Master Password" (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-your-master-password-if-you-forgot-it) and all is now working.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zlig,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get yourself sorted out though - thanks for posting the fix here to help others :)

This discussion has been closed.