1Password Anywhere to USB Drive Issues (v4)

Options
schmano
schmano
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to update my 1Password Anywhere file that I have stored on a USB thumb drive. I use this file as a backup. My old version of my 1Password Anywhere file works fine (this was created with 1P v3).

In copying this file since upgrading to 1P v4 and trying to open it I keep getting the "A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it" dialog. I've copied the file several times, waited for an hour or so (making sure everything is synched correctly), tried Safari and Firefox all with no luck.

I can open the 1Password Anywhere file if I log onto Dropbox from the web.

Any hints on what might be going on?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• schmano
    schmano
    Community Member
    Options

As an update I tried accessing the 1Password Anywhere file from another computer and got it to work with out the "A key data file..." error.

I still puzzled as to why it doesn't work on my original computer. Thanks for any feedback.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @schmano,

There have been no changes to 1Password Anywhere between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4, so you should be able to view it just as you did before. If you are using Safari you will have to disable local file restrictions, as Safari blocks 1PasswordAnywhere. To disable this do the following:

• Open Safari
    • Click Safari->Preferences in the menu bar
    • Click Advanced
    • Click "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
    • Click Develop in the menu bar
    • Click "Disable Local File Restrictions

This should allow you to view 1Password Anywhere via your USB drive. Please let me know if you're still seeing those errors, if you are, we may need to rebuild your data file. :)

This discussion has been closed.