Running around in circles trying to install FF extension

Options
zabouti
zabouti
Community Member

In Firefox 25.0 OSX 10.8.5, I click on Add-ons and see that I have 1Password 4.0.1 installed

But I've deleted the Firefox button, so to install the button again:
I go to https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
I click the INSTALL button and reinstall the Firefox extension
The 1Password button now appears in Firefox

I go to Facebook's login screen
I click the 1Password button like I used to
The 1Password mini-app seems to be opened and Firefox tells me it's Looking for the 1Password App, saying that the app must be installed for the extension to work.

But it seems to be running, at least in the menu bar???

I'm just going around in circles.

I want 1Password back in Firefox, please.

Thanks for any help, Forum or Support!

Comments

• @zabouti First, just double check that you have Always keep 1Password mini running checked under Preferences > General.

Then, give these possible solutions a try and see if any help:

If 1Password’s browser extension is malfunctioning...

• zabouti
    zabouti
    Community Member
    Options

It's all coming back to me now - same problem as earlier versions of 1P: the problem is RequestPolicy, which I want to keep.

Unfortunately I can't find the old RequestPolicy document - and things appear to have changed in 1P 4. Do you have any document telling me what settings to use? I've added 127.0.0.1/localhost (which seems weird) to "Origins". Otherwise the settings haven't changed from 1P 3, when they worked. What else do I need to get RP to allow 1P 4 to work? It looks as if we are close.

Thanks for your help.

• zabouti
    zabouti
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you - I knew there was an answer somewhere. Maybe a link to it from the extensions page would help? Or make it googable? Thanks,
    ge

• You're welcome! I think the forums here are indexed by Google, so it actually should show up in a search.

This discussion has been closed.