UK Locale issue?

Options
rswift
rswift
Community Member

Hello,

I've found a discussion on the board regarding UK specifics. But I've not found a topic that addresses the question of the UK locale itself working.

I notice that there is an entry under Locales called uk.lproj but this isn't being recognised by my Mac settings (Settings->Language & Region->Region = United Kingdom)... However, creating a symbolic link from en-GB.lproj to uk.lproj (and having changed the bank account from 'checking' to 'current') it was picked up? I believe that this is the correct naming convention as per the Apple documentation...

I'm happy enough with my own edit of the file but obviously would need to address this with every update? It would be nice to see the UK file localise correctly, so "Loan" not "Line of Credit", "Current" not "Checking" etc.

Thanks - Robert...

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I agree it would be excellent to have a UK localisation! Sorry it's only a "me too" but some of the technicalities you mention are a little above my head. It would be good to have this working.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rswift and @Stephen_C,

Thanks for the suggestion - you're right! 1Password is translated into all kinds of languages ... why not UK English? We've opened a CrowdIn for all our lovely UK users. You can sign up here to help us get 1Password looking appropriate.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I've had a stab at some translations for our north Atlantic cousins. ;) Will we in due course have strings for items themselves (i.e., like bank accounts, software licences, etc.)?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C,

Many thanks for your help with the translations! Looks like (for whatever reason) the 'bank account' translation is in the iOS translation project. The string you are looking for is here: http://crowdin.net/translate/onepassword-for-ios/22885/en-engb. If you translate it there, it should update in both the Mac and iOS apps.

If you ping me when it's done, I can make sure it gets updated as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.