What to do about "null (Vault)" to be able to enter master password?

Options
rickn
rickn
Community Member

I'm brand new to using a forum but I did join today out of complete frustration with 1Password. I’m not knowledgeable enough to formulate my problem well but I’ll try. 1Password worked okay for me for passwords, but it didn’t have the Secure Notes feature. I tried to download 1Password 4 extensions and deleted 3.9.

Now, clicking the 1Password keyhole icon on the dock, and then About 1Password says I have 1Password 4.0.5. Clicking on Safari , Preferences, Extensions says I have extension 4.0.1.

Clicking the key in the tool bar provides a small keyhole icon with the words, “null, Vault.” there doesn’t seem to be any place to enter my password. Can anyone help? PS: I have OS 10.9 on Macbook Pro.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does anything in this thread help you?

Stephen

• rickn
    rickn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your reply. Nothing helps directly. However, I decided to download the 1Password trouble shooting utility and send a report to whomever it goes to. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks again, rickn

• Popsarmchair
    Popsarmchair
    Community Member
    Options

I too have the 'null' vault problem in 1P mini.
    I have tried the Terminal command solution suggested by MikeT in the other thread (now closed), but no success.
    Do MikeT or SJK have any other things to check? I'm not sure if I have the beta still installed or not.
    Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @rickn,

Thanks for sending in a Report! If no one from our team has been able to contact you yet, please send me a private message with the email address you used to contact support and I'll see if I can take a look at the Report for you!

Hi @Popsarmchair,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that the Terminal command didn't work for you. I know it's been a few days, but if you are still seeing this message, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.