Master password not valid when sharing non-primary vaults

Options
wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I'm attempting to share a non-primary vault via Dropbox. I followed the guide in the knowledgebase. Following the last section ("Adding a shared vault"), I double-clicked on the .agilekeychain file in my Dropbox folder. 1Password then asked me to create a new vault, just as the guide illustrates. But when I type in the master password for the vault, 1Password errors out, saying:

Incorrect password
Please enter the correct vault password.

I am certain I am typing in the correct vault password, but I've tried both the vault-specific password, the password used for the primary vault on the source computer, and the password used for the primary vault on the destination computer.

Version information:

• OS X 10.9.0
  • 1Password 4.0.5 (Mac App Store versin)
  • Dropbox 4.2.6

Comments

• umphrey1012
    umphrey1012
    Community Member
    Options

My team is seeing this behavior as well. We did not see it until version 4.0.5.

• wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
    wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
    Community Member
    Options

Bump

• wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
    wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP
    Community Member
    Options

Bump

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP and @umphrey1012,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with secondary vaults, but I do have good news: our developers have managed to track down and squash this bug - and you should see an update soon that resolves this.

In the meantime, though, we do have a workaround for you:

• Please create a new vault via 1Password Menu > Create New Vault
    • Match the name/password of the secondary vault that you're opening
    • Enable Dropbox/Folder sync to select that file.

I hope this works for you, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know! I do apologize for the inconvenience here.

• John Stewart
    John Stewart
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue as @wGN4sG6xcYRMVhXP and @umphrey1012.

Unfortunately when I follow your workaround the app crashes taking me back to my primary vault.

Currently running 1Password 4.0.5 on OSX 10.8.5 which is the latest version on the Mac App store.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John,

I'm sorry @Megan's workaround caused 1P4 to crash. Do you remember which step it happened at?

Please give this a try to see if it helps:

• Run 1P4.
    • Type Control-Command-Q to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart 1P4 and try the workaround again.

If 1P4 crashes again please restart your system, then try the workaround one more time. If you get another crash please send us a Diagnostics Report to help us get a better idea of what's causing the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thanks!

• hlidotbe
    hlidotbe
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, tried everything listed in this thread to no avail. I've just sent a crash report including the link to this topic.

I hope it can be solved soon.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry to hear you're also having trouble with 1P4 crashing, @hlidotbe. If you've emailed us a Diagnostics Report was it sent from a different address than the one you're registered with on this forum? We'd like to see that report in addition to any separate crash reports you've already sent. Thanks!

• hlidotbe
    hlidotbe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it was probably sent with hugues@epic.net. I've only sent one (with my email and details).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @hlidotbe. It sounds like so far you've only sent a single crash report. A Diagnostics Report is manually generated and sent separately, like described in my post #7 reply to John.

This discussion has been closed.