How can I have browser extension without mini app?

Options
shannoncoen
shannoncoen
Community Member

When I hit my keyboard shortcut, why does the app appear from the mini menu and not from the browser extension?

When I quit the mini app the browser extension stops working.

What is the point of having the mini app running when I have the browser extension? I don't want them both.

I don't want the mini app, it's not useful. I only want the browser extension.

When I use my keyboard shortcut, I only want the browser extension menu to appear.

How do I turn off the prompt-to-save window that shows up in the middle of my screen whenever I enter credentials? It's really annoying.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There was a recent discussion on the beta forum about the reasons for using 1P Mini which may help in understanding that issue.

If you don't want to be prompted to save logins go to Preferences > Browser and uncheck Automatically ask to save new logins.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @shannoncoen. I hope @Stephen_C's link and information were helpful for you. Please let us know if you have other questions about this.

• shannoncoen
    shannoncoen
    Community Member
    Options

I discovered that by unchecking "Show mini app icon in the menu bar" and leaving "Always keep 1Password mini running" checked, I can achieve the desired user experience.

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shannoncoen,

I'm so glad to hear that you found a solution that works for you! We're here if you need anything further :)

This discussion has been closed.