Can't copy passwords from 1Password Mini

Options
ostertoaster
ostertoaster
Community Member

Hello,

In 1Password 3.x, I was able to Copy (and maybe reveal?) the password field from the 1Password Helper, which is now 1Password Mini. It seems my only options now are to "Edit" in the full app or click the anchor icon, which undocks the entry?

There are cases when Command + / doesn't work, such as when I'm getting the password for a remote desktop session where I don't have 1Password installed. I don't want to open the full app to do this, and I don't like that it opens the entry in Edit mode for this purpose; it conflicts with my intent.

I'd very much like to be abled to have copy controls in 1Password Mini for all fields, but at the very least, the password field.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can copy a password from 1Password Mini by clicking on the password. Note you can also anchor the relevant login item to the desktop by clicking on the anchor symbol.

Stephen

• ostertoaster
    ostertoaster
    Community Member
    Options

facepalm

@Agilebits: Then may I request a tooltip of some form like the fields have in the full app so it's clear that this is how it's done? There's also no feedback that it's copied. A bit of a black hole interaction all around.

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to the tooltip.

• romadu
    romadu
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure that the copy function in 1password mini is working correctly. When I click on the password the values are submitted to the website that is currently active, when sometimes I just want to copy the value so I can manually update the webpage (e.g. when changing password to a new value).

In 1password there is a dropdown when I hover over the password so I can submit, or copy the password value, but this isn't available in 1password mini.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@ostertoaster

You can also quick reveal the password without docking by pressing the option key.

• ostertoaster
    ostertoaster
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower That's great, but how do I find this stuff out? Is there a Friendly Manual that I'm missing? One of the joys of using the full client is all the context-sensitive help/tooltips (e.g. hovering over password brings up the dashed outline and the copy/reveal button). 1Password Mini just feels... not quite finished by comparison to the full client and the old helper tool.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Not really, well not one I have seen. That was once a tidbit I learned just as you did.

The AgileBits team has grown so much lately. I would find it hard to believe they are not working on a manual. Only they can comment on that as I am a lowly moderator and not privy to inside details.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@ostertoaster If you're interested in other keyboard shortcuts, check this out: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/14130/keyboard-shortcuts-hotkeys

Nowhere near a full manual, but there might be some other helpful shortcuts you'd learn (like option to reveal password).

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Nice article @JasperP

This discussion has been closed.