1p with alfred opening 2 tabs of site?

Options
dma550
dma550
Community Member

Just noticed with latest version, typing 1p freshbooks, which use to open and fill my freshbooks logon opens two tabs, one in the background to FB and fills both.

I am also noticing that every boot I have to allow 1password to use my keychain. Even though I select "always allow" it still asks. Not a huge issue, but the alfred one has me stumped.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

Same here - I just tested a random site w/Alfred, and two tabs were opened to the site in the browser. The current tab is replaced, and a new tab is opened.

If you open a new blank tab, than use Alfred, then only that tab is used to open the site. If the tab is non-blank, it gets replaced and a second, duplicate tab is also opened.

• @dma550 @MrC That's strange - Alfred is working fine for me. Are you using Alfred 2.1? Which browser?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

v2.1 (218) w/Firefox 25.0.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@MrC I use Safari usually, which is working as expected with Alfred/1Password, as does Chrome. But I just gave it a try in Firefox and the same issue happens for me.

I don't think this has anything to do with Alfred. I can reproduce the issue using the open and fill button in 1Password as well.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Aha, I think this is the annoying little bug also discussed here.

Stephen

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Good catch. I think it is Open and Fill that is the issue.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

See here for a possible solution, which seems to have worked for me.

Edit: bother! It worked once and now doesn't!

Stephen

• jothirams
    jothirams
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, same problem for me too.

• Peppo
    Peppo
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Same problem here too. It's driving me nuts that the current tab is replaced :)

OS X 10.8.5, Firefox 25.0 with 1Password add-on 4.0.1, 1Password 4.0.5.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Peppo Just to let you (and anyone else on this thread) know, @sjk said that this issue has been filed in AgileBits' bug tracker.

And just to be clear, the problem is with 1Password's "open and fill" feature when using Firefox. This issue is not specifically related to Alfred as the title may suggest.

This discussion has been closed.