Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni

Comments

• mmmpie
    mmmpie
    Community Member
    Options

You really should update ios v3 to support the changes to the dropbox api. I bought v4, but it wont run on my ipad 1, and now I cant sync my passwords to it. Not good :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmmpie,

I've split your comment from the thread you posted in, as the issue you mention is slightly different than the one discussed in that thread.

First of all, I do want to apologize to you. I know this is not an ideal situation for someone such as yourself who is still using a first generation iPad, so, I'd like to help you understand why this upgrade is happening. The service that Dropbox is retiring is now over six years old. Like Apple, Dropbox is quickly innovating its products. Sometimes, that means a company needs to retire legacy services in order to continue providing the best products possible. And while we'd love to be able to update 1Password 3 for iOS to make it compatible with Dropbox's new API, we're just not able to. When we launched 1Password 4 for iOS last year, we removed our three previous 1Password 3 for iOS apps from sale to avoid confusing customers. Apps removed from sale cannot be updated.

Now, there are ways that we can keep your iPad in sync with the rest of your data, if you have access to a Mac. If you do, I'd be happy to help you get set up with Wi-Fi sync. Please let me know if this solution will work for you :)

This discussion has been closed.