ICloud Syncing Issue

Options
Grunt_at_the_Point
Grunt_at_the_Point
Community Member

I have 1Password versions 4 (OS/IOS - App Store) on both my Mac and iPhone. I've been having a hell of time getting them to sync. Today, I tried turning off my iPhone and turning it back on. That did the trick as they both synced. I was under the impression that syncing was automatic in the background. Shouldn't that the case or am I mistaken? Thanks

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Grunt_at_the_Point

There is a bug in the current version of the iOS and is explained a little more here iOS sync fix submitted to Apple

• Hi @Grunt_at_the_Point,

Can you update 1Password on your iOS devices, 4.3.1 was released a few days ago. See if that'll improve your syncing experience now on the iOS devices.

Note that if you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to wait for the 4.0.5 update soon to improve the sync experience with Dropbox.

Right now, if you make changes on the iOS devices and Dropbox finished syncing it, you have to wait for Dropbox to finish downloading on your Mac, and then lock/unlock the 1Password app to refresh the listing that'll show the changes. The 4.0.5 update will fix the refresh issue.

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Options

Sorry for not responding back earlier I got stuck on a jury trial and the judge instructed not to read newspapers nor go onto the Internet. I took his instructions literally. Anyway, my problem has been resolved. It was due to user error.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Grunt_at_the_Point,

Having never been on jury duty, it kind of sounds like an exciting experience - I do hope it was at least mildly interesting for you.

In any case, I'm glad that your problem has been resolved :)

This discussion has been closed.