Have multiple Google Accounts & want to log in with 1Password? It's now more difficult thx to Google

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I have multiple google accounts and has always been a breeze signing in and out of Google with 1Password. This is only until this past week that Google decided to completely revamp their login page and make it more unified to remember and store all accounts you've logged in under your device, even when you sign out. That is, everything you open gmail, it shows you all the accounts and requires you to click on an account and then have to enter the password. Their page reads "One Account. All of Google".. search Google and you'll see how annoying users have become.

Old Google:

1. Open a sign in page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. Done

New Google:

1. Open a sign in page.
  2. Click on sign in with a different account.
  3. Click on the account that you want to use
  4. Enter password
  5. Done

If you are using a password manager to auto-fill such as 1Password, it is become even more of a issue. I suppose there's nothing 1Password can do but it's definitely made logging in not so seamless as it once used to be. I'm sure there are others in the same boat!

Any way to access multiple google accounts more readily like old times?

Comments

• jamesbryantuk
    jamesbryantuk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I'm not an expert but I think I have found a way round this and it seems to be working for me and my multiple Google accounts.

I'm using the Firefox with extension which i think is important as when I was using chrome clicking on the login didn't automatically take you to the log in page. This is why I'm now using firefox.

Sign out of all accounts

Click sign in

This should take you to a page where you go to sign in and Google is showing you your email address which it remembers and asking for the pasword.
    In the url you should see you email address.

I copied the email address and manually set up the log in in the app.

When you click on the log in it takes you to the page and looks like its not going to work as its showing the last user you were signed in, but it goes through and works for me!

Hope that helps, like I say I'm no expert and am still new to 1password but its working for us.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jamesbryantuk.

I'm not quite sure yet about the fate of [Deleted User] but appreciate your response here and hope it may be helpful to other folks. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.