No folder sync of the primary vault

Options
Rici
Rici
Community Member

Hi,
I have 4 secondary vaults and they all sync perfectly on a sync folder on the external drive. But the primary vault syncs only the first time!? I use only Apple machines with the newest OS.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi, @Rici.

I was able to reproduce an issue with Folder Sync (to internal SSD storage) failing to work with the Primary vault, but only once so far. In that case it didn't even sync any items, i.e. the synced keychain was empty. After disabling Folder Sync and setting it up again the initial sync succeeded and it continued working when items in the Primary were added/deleted/modified.

Have you tried disabling/re-enabling Folder Sync with your Primary vault to see if that makes any difference?

I've filed a bug about this since it's now known to be unreliable. Thanks for discovering and reporting it!

• Rici
    Rici
    Community Member
    Options

First my set up:
    Mac Mini (early 2009), MacBook Pro (mid 2010), both OS 10.8.4, Time Capsule (2010), WD external drive (2012). The external drive is connected to the mini and mini of course to the time capsule trough Gigabit LAN. MacBook Pro is connected by wifi to the TC.

I created 4 sub vaults to my existing primary vaults with my Mac mini and made a sync folder on the external drive. Within the same network I want to sync my MacBook with this sync folder with 5 vaults. That works perfectly only the primary vault doesn't sync anymore after the initial sync. The preference window show me always "synced x seconds ago" but it didn't. My work around, I stop the syncing and restart it again. But I have to do that after each password change again and again. Using Version 4.0.2b1 (402001) at the moment.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @Rici. Sorry for not getting back with you sooner about this.

My work around, I stop the syncing and restart it again.

Could you try locking/unlocking 1P4 to check if that's also a workaround? Thanks!

• Rici
    Rici
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Could you try locking/unlocking 1P4 to check if that's also a workaround? Thanks!

Don't work.
    But after installing Mavericks it works fine!

But when I leave with my MB my home network and come back sometimes it doesn't reconnect automatically to my external drive (see set up above). So first I have to reconnect using finder, than it works. But newly I discovered something interesting.

I started 1P on my MB and suddenly a system window appeared to ask me how to connect with my Mini (external drive with the vault is connected to mini). I entered user/pw and 1P could sync his vault. HEUREKA! Would be wonderful if 1P would always force this behavior or if we get a "Sync Now" button.

This discussion has been closed.