No icons or rich icons

Options
mh153
mh153
Community Member

Sorry for my bad english. I have a question. I upgraded from Version 3 MAS. I had used ios, mac and windows version with dropbox sync. Since the upgrade to 4 MAS i changed from dropbox to icloud because i left Windows completely. But i have no icons anymore. Neither normal icons nor rich icons. What am i missing? Not the Mac Version or the ios Version do load the icons. Please help me.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

There are two things you can try until more expert help comes along:

1. Restart 1Password mini on the Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini).
    2. Reboot your Mac if you have not already done so since installing 1P4.

Edit: I'm assuming you have enabled rich icons in preferences.

Stephen

• Everyone
    Everyone
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options
    1. No custom icon import/export from 1P3/Agilekeychain/1PIF: This is because of 1P4 not supporting custom icons in the data files for the time being, but hopefully it will get fixed after more important issues are done. They just haven't programmed the code for extracting and importing/exporting custom icons from the old data format yet. I am still using 1P3 for this exact reason, even though I own 1P4 too, because I have way too many custom icons to re-do all of that work.
    2. No rich icons in the MAS version: This is because the Mac App Store is doing what it's best at: Ensuring that you have outdated versions of software, thanks to Apple's slow update review process. The MAS version is on 4.0.5, whereas the web version has been through 4.0.7, 4.0.8 and 4.0.9 so far. You'll have rich icons as soon as Apple approves the update. :(
  • mh153
    mh153
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fast replys. So the only option for me seems to be waiting for the Appstore to approve the update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mh153,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C and @Everyone have been helping you out here. Unfortunately, if you're using the Mac App Store version (as I am) we're still waiting for approval of the latest update, which should get rich icons behaving properly again.

We really appreciate your patience here :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Your wait is over, @mh153. :)

Version 4.0.8, which includes the fix for rich icon support, is now available from the Mac App Store.

This discussion has been closed.