Exporting folders?

Options
flambino
flambino
Community Member

I haven't found this mentioned anywhere (except this old post) but is there a way to export an entire folder and its sub-folders? I'm using v4.0.9

For instance, I have something like this structure

"Some folder" (0 items)
  "Sub-folder 1" (3 items)
  "Sub-folder 2" (0 items)
    "Sub-sub-folder" (4 items)
  "Sub-folder 3" (5 items)

The item count is meant as "directly nested items". I.e. "Some folder" and "Sub-folder 2" don't directly contain any items, only nested folders.

I'd like to export the entirety of "Some folder", but if I select it and attempt to export, I just get an empty file. However, unlike version 3, version 4 now names the exported file "... (0 items and 0 folders)". Version 3 only added "(X items)", but version 4 seems to have (planned, at least) support for exporting folders, given the file naming scheme.

Of course, I had selected a folder, so it shouldn't say zero.

If I select a folder that does have directly nested items (thinking that maybe that'd work), 1Password still insist I'm only exporting X items and zero folders.

In a crazy random happenstance, 1Password crashed while I was writing this post. Heh.

Anyway, is there something I just haven't figured out, or is folder exporting in the works or something?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flambino,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Now, you're not missing anything, at this point 1Password 4 cannot export nested folders. You have to directly select the items that you want to export. We are looking to improve this in the future, and I can certainly mention to our developers that you would like to see some more options in our export feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.