Version 4 on Mac and iOS - Not in sync using Dropbox

Options
pruppert
pruppert
Community Member

I have the latest version of Mac and iOS apps. I sync via dropbox. The Mac and iOS apps are not in sync. Mac has a secure note that does not sync to iOS. The iOS app has a password that does not show on Mac. This seemed to start after upgrading the Mac to version 4 (was already running version 4 on iOS). How can I troubleshoot this?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pruppert,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties syncing. The first step is to ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your Mac, and that you are logged into the same Dropbox account on all computers and devices.

Next, I have a few questions that can help me narrow down where things are getting wonky:

• Do you currently have multiple vaults in 1Password 4 for Mac?
    • If so, are any of your secondary vaults syncing via Dropbox? (Please note, as stated in our Known Issues, this is not recommended at this time.)
    • What are the version numbers of 1Password on your Mac and iOS devices?
  • JeffZ
    JeffZ
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

There are loads of users having this issue. I've already sent in 2 emails to support and not a word back. Must be off the entire weekend & Monday. I have submitted info from the 1Password 4 Troubleshooting app...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JeffZ,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience. Since I've already followed up on your previous post, I'll avoid asking more questions here so we don't end up duplicating everything. :)

• JeffZ
    JeffZ
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Megan - Thanks.

If you haven't seen this response yet - http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16959/mac-app-store-version-with-dropbox-does-not-sync-instantly#latest - you might want to edit or remove it. The MAS version is simply not syncing to Dropbox, iCloud or wifi. You can't force it to sync by doing anything. (Since I've had 1Password for a few years, I don't have any version 4 vaults set up yet...)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JeffZ,

I am sorry that this solution isn't working for you, but in other cases it has been a successful workaround, so I think it is, at the very least, a good first step in the troubleshooting process. I've responded to your other post with some instructions for the next step in your troubleshooting process. :)

• JeffZ
    JeffZ
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan Thanks for trying to help. I responded to the other thread at http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/94342/#Comment_94342

This discussion has been closed.