Syncing - Wifi and Dropbox

I'm using wifi to sync 1P (3.8) between my main Mac and multiple iDevices, without any problems. However, I also want to sync 1P from my iMac to a MacBook, and the only way to do that seems to be through DropBox. But when I go into Preferences to do that and switch the keychain file over to Dropbox, it messes up the wifi syncing on the iDevices. And when I try using symlinks etc to replicate the files, DropBox doesn't reproduce the file properly on the other end. What I'm doing as a workaround is syncing from iMac to iPhone and from iPhone to MacBook, but obviously that's not optimal.

So - is there no way to sync between Macs through wifi? What am I missing? Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PR1,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty getting everything synced up here! Unfortunately, you're not missing anything, there was no way to sync up two Macs using Wi-Fi, but you should be able to keep things in sync with Dropbox on the Mac end.

Please try re-setting Wi-Fi sync:

• Right-click on the devices section in the Mac app and remove all devices
    • On your iOS device, go to the Wi-Fi sync settings
    • Tapp 'Allow New Connections'
    • Re-enter the secret codes on your Mac

This should get you syncing, but please let me know if you run into any snags!

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member

So just to be clear - you're saying to first go into Preferences and choose to move the keychain file to Dropbox, then reset all the wifi settings as you describe? The problem I was having was that wifi syncing didn't seem to recognize the location of the keychain file in Dropbox, but completely resetting wifi syncing will solve this? Does the keychain file have to be in the main section of Dropbox or can it be in a subfolder?

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PR1,

My apologies, I thought that you had already set up Dropbox syncing. The best way to sort this out is to disable Wi-Fi sync, then go to Preferences and set up Dropbox sync for your Macs. Learn How to: Configure Dropbox Syncing here. Once Dropbox is up and running, then re-initiate Wi-Fi sync.

This discussion has been closed.