Update 4.0.9 will not validate

Options
Sigerson
Sigerson
Community Member

Wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I'm trying to install that latest update (was out of town and this covers two updates) 4.0.9 and I get an error message that the validation has failed. Nothing else.

Thoughts?

Sigerson

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You might try re-downloading it. (I'm assuming you're using the AgileBits store version as the Mac App Store version is still on 4.0.5—with 4.0.7 expected shortly.)

Stephen

• Sigerson
    Sigerson
    Community Member
    Options

I think I see the problem. I didn't download anything, I'm being prompted, for some reason, to install the 4.0.9 update from the website. When I download the latest version it tells it I have the app store version. So then the question becomes how do I stop the update from showing up on my screen.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Were you ever a beta tester of 1P4?

Stephen

• Sigerson
    Sigerson
    Community Member
    Options

No. But I did switch over from the website updates once I upgraded to version 4.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm struggling! To summarise:

1. You run the Mac App Store version (your post #3).
    2. You have previously run some version from the AgileBits store (your post #5). Was that 1P4 or 1P3?

It sounds as though you have at least the remains of some AgileBits store version on your machine, and it rather sounds as though it was a version of 1P4 (why else would you be prompted to update it: your post #1?). However, I'm not clear how or why you might have got that if you're running the Mac App Store version.

If you go to Preferences > General and check Show mini app icon in the menu bar do you then see one icon, or two icons, for 1P mini in the menu bar?

Sorry this is a struggle. I suspect someone more expert than I will be able to help you more, and will be along soon.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

It sounds as though you have at least the remains of some AgileBits store version on your machine, and it rather sounds as though it was a version of 1P4 (why else would you be prompted to update it: your post #1?). However, I'm not clear how or why you might have got that if you're running the Mac App Store version.

I agree, only because the updater was recently re wrote and is entirely new. So in my opinion that rules out 1Password 3.

Can you check your applications folder for the App name?

1Password 4 from the Mac App Store is simply called "1Password"

1Password 4 from the AgileBits store is called "1Password 4"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sigerson,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

If you're still unsure about which version you have, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.