Annoying behavior of auto checking for updates

Options
kidsdoc
kidsdoc
Community Member

There are three options when 1Password 4 checks for an update: Skip this Version, Remind Me Later and Install Update. Unfortunately the Skip this Version button does nothing. The wretched Update window keeps coming up over and over and it is getting quite annoying. Any suggestions?

Comments

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member
    Options

P.S. Obviously I know I can disable auto update checking in the application, but I shouldn't have to.

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled automatic checking for updates and it still keeps checking. How screwy! I think there are a lot of things about 4 that are half-baked. I have been using 1Password for years, and I must confess that this latest edition disappoints me. 1Password 3 was a far superior product.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just as a matter of interest, did you try rebooting after changing the preference setting? Are you on Mavericks?

Stephen

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member
    Options

I am on Mavericks and have rebooted several times (not for that reason specifically, but just in the course of using the computer).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @kidsdoc.

Which version of 1P4 are you currently running and which version update keeps being offered that you can't get rid of?

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member
    Options

I am 4.0.5 and it keeps offering me 4.0.9

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @kidsdoc.

If you're still having this problem could you please try reenabling and disabling the Automatically check for updates option under Preferences… > Updates to see if that makes a difference with 4.0.5 automatically offering the 4.0.9 update? Also, is Include beta builds enabled or disabled? If you never want to be offered beta builds, with automatic and manual update checking, you can disable that option while you've temporarily enabled Automatically check for updates. Please let me know if you're still offered updates with both of those options disabled or just Automatically check for updates,

Regardless of this issue, is there a reason why you'd prefer not to update to 4.0.9 since it resolves some significant issues with 4.0.5?

This discussion has been closed.