Generated passwords logged as "Creative Cloud"

Options
alanshutko
alanshutko
Community Member

All the passwords I generate in Safari are now being logged as if they were Creative Cloud.

1. Open safari.
  2. Go to google.com
  3. Click the extension icon and generate a password.
  4. Click copy, to save the password in 1P.
  5. Go to Passwords, and look at the most recent password.

Results:

Password is logged with a website of "app://com.adobe.acc.AdobeCreativeCloud".

Notes:

I am an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber. Creative Cloud.app is an app that lives in the menu bar that syncs files and fonts. This problem started for me today, and I did upgrade Creative Cloud last night. It may be related.

Quitting Creative Cloud did not resolve the issue. I then tried quitting Safari and restarting it, leaving Creative Cloud off. It also did not resolve the issue.

Version Information for: /Applications/1Password.app
      CFBundleShortVersionString 4.0.5 
      CFBundleVersion 405001 

Version Information for: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/Creative Cloud.app
      CFBundleShortVersionString 1.2.1.260 
      CFBundleVersion 

Operating System Information:
      ProductName:  Mac OS X
      OS X Version: 10.9
      BuildVersion: 13A603

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanshutko,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Thank you for including that detailed report of the problem. I notice that this was an issue for you in 4.0.5. Since your post, 4.0.8 has (finally) been released in the Mac App Store. Could you please make sure that you have updated and see if the issue still persists? If it does, we will of course investigate further. :)

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Megan! I've confirmed with 4.0.8 that the problem has been resolved!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanshutko,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear it :)

This discussion has been closed.