Old versions of Aptonic's Dropzone interfered with 1Password mini [RESOLVED in Dropzone 2.8.3]

Options
Berklee
Berklee
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello,

First of all, I'm pretty happy with 1Password in general, love the update, fantastic work all! Here's something I've run into since the beta:

I use 1Pw Mini a lot to search for logins. When I open it with Cmd-\ and start typing, the search goes perfectly. But if I then start navigating the results, after 1 second the highlighted login item loses the focus (I think the focus returns to the search). This is terribly frustrating when trying to copy a username or password to the clipboard. It does this even when I navigate to a sub-item (to select the username for instance). When it has lost focus, I have to navigate back to where I was for the second time, and the weird thing is; this time the focus will stay.

Do you recognise this behaviour? I have this on two computers, both running Mountain Lion. One running 1Password from the MAS, the other from your site.

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @Berklee,

Thanks for the feedback!

I need more details because I can't reproduce it. Here's a video of me doing it, note that I also did it with the keyboard shortcut and it is the same result. Can you tell me what's different in that video between what I'm doing and what you're doing?

If you're using 1Password beta, please check out the new beta released yesterday and see if it works better there.

• Berklee
    Berklee
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello @MikeT,

Thanks for following up. I went and did a bit of research myself by using Mavericks as an excuse to start with a completely fresh install. What I found is that everything works perfectly normal and exactly as you demonstrated in the video unless I have Dropzone running (http://aptonic.com/dropzone/). Then 1Password Mini loses focus one second after activating it. It doesn't matter if by mouse click, or key shortcut.

I've had some interaction with @1password on App.net, and passed along the same info there. Is there anything I can do, capture some form of diagnostic info to help resolve this situation? (I'm not presupposing this is something that should be fixed on your end, just would like to know if you have an idea of what I can take to Aptonic?)

P.S. Sorry for the delay.

• Berklee
    Berklee
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I've contacted the developer of Dropzone, and they found that it is an issue with their app:

"After enabling the [1Password] mini menubar I'm having the same issue as well. A quick search through the Dropzone source code for timers and I've found the issue."

They'll follow up when they have more info. I'll post here again when they do.

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Berklee.

Wow, that's some impressive dedication you've invested into getting to the core of this problem and I'm glad to hear it's finally paying off! :)

Thanks a lot for all your effort and sharing the results with us. We look forward to hearing from you again with any new information from Aptonic.

• Berklee
    Berklee
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @sjk and @MikeT,

Aptonic has updated Dropzone with a fix for this issue, it's downloadable from their site, and live on the Mac App Store. As far as I can tell, it does fix the issue, so I'm happy with Aptonic's support in this. Thanks for your help; keep up the good work! :D

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's most excellent news, @Berklee! We appreciate the update about this and your kind words of encouragement. :)

This discussion has been closed.