Selected item after filter search

Options
gpell
gpell
Community Member

In 1Password 4, I type the beginning of the name of an item I'm searching for in the search field at the top. That filters the list of items down to a single item and that item appears selected for display on the right. Then when I hit esc or click the x in the search field to restore the full list, the selected/displayed item snaps back to the top item in the list. What I was expecting (and needed) was for the searched-for item to remain selected - this is the way it worked in 1Password 3. I miss the capability of navigating to a particular item then restoring the full item list all from the keyboard. Any chance of changing it to the way 1Password 3 worked?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @gpell.

To make sure I've got it right, you would prefer that whichever item is currently selected when a search is canceled would remain selected (with its details displayed)? I'll check on the possibility of that and let you know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @gpell.

I've filed a request for search canceling behavior similar to in 1P3. While not the same maybe this is sometimes helpful:

• Select All Items in sidebar
    • Show Search Options (Control-Option-Command-F)
    • Find… (Command-F) or Find Item (Option-Command-F)
    • Type text in toolbar search field, matching at least one item
    • Cancel Show Search Options

Matching item list is retained, although no item details are displayed.

This discussion has been closed.