Logo's go Live!

Options
u2jimbo
u2jimbo
Community Member

I'm a rookie with 1Password4. Up till a few minutes ago, I assumed the 'stock' logos associated with each Item was the norm. I just updated the software in the Mac App Store. After the install rebooted, I noticed many of the Items now had the specific logo for that organization. For example, Apple's logo, Agilebits logo, Adobe Software's logo now replaced the generic version. This is a very nice feature. However, some of my Items still have generic logos. Is there a way to force them to adopt their 'real' logo, for example Amazon.com? Can I find these logos on each Item's website and point to it somehow?

Suggestions are welcome!
Jim

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@u2jimbo If you have Use rich icons checked in preferences, then icons will be automatically downloaded from AgileBits' image server (they've got an extensive collection of icons, but nowhere near all sites).

You can also set custom icons by dragging an image onto the default icon while in edit mode. Also, these custom icons will sync between devices using 1Password 4.

• u2jimbo
    u2jimbo
    Community Member
    Options

Jasper:
    After posting this question, I came across the e-book: "Take Control of 1Password" and purchased it. I have been reading about many of the issues I have been raising in this forum, including this one. I had just read about dragging and dropping applications onto their associated icon area in 1Password; or letting Agilebits icon web server (?) automatically download it. Beyond that, I was left with the impression that I would have to settle for the generic logo.

Then I saw a Forum post by someone who provided a screen shot of their 1Password screen. A couple of their ITEMS matched mine. However, they had the actual company icon (Bank of America was one of them), But after my 1Password upgrade populated many icons it did not populate that one (and others). So, I am wondering if there is a way to go to B of A (for example) and grab a copy of their .ico file and drag and drop it into my 1Password?

Jim

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@u2jimbo Purchasing Take Control of 1Password sounds like a great idea for a new user. Hope that helps you learn all about 1Password!

If a login does not have an icon stored on the AgileBits image server, then I would recommend you add an icon yourself. I personally will just do a quick Google image search for one.

For example, searching for "Bank of America icon" gave me this icon that would work great for 1Password:

• u2jimbo
    u2jimbo
    Community Member
    Options

Jasper:
    When the answer arrives it so frequently seems so straight forward! Should have thought of that myself - I am constantly suggesting to my wife that she try searching for 'the answer' on google!
    Thanks again!
    Jim

• You're welcome, glad I could help!

• u2jimbo
    u2jimbo
    Community Member
    Options

Just FYI, Jasper - I have successfully attached logos to all of my ITEMS!

• @u2jimbo Great to hear! I've got icons for all my logins as well, it looks so much nicer in my opinion! :D

This discussion has been closed.