two issues

Options
ken1
ken1
Community Member

Two issues with 1P 4 and Mavericks:

1- I am asked to enter my master p/w after a restart. Was able to avoid this before.

2- The contextual menu does not show an option for the current login. I have to select "1password" from the contextual menu and then choose the login page.

I have not been able to find a setting to fix these.

thanks
Ken

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. By "restart" do you mean a reboot, or restarting from sleep? If the latter, have a look at Preferences > Security and uncheck Lock on sleep.
    2. Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "contextual menu". If you right click on a login name in the list of logins (second column) there is a menu of actions you can perform on that login. Maybe you meant something else.

Stephen

• ken1
    ken1
    Community Member
    Options

1- 1P 3 had a setting to remember the master password in Keychain (through a reboot). I do not see this in v4.

2- The screen capture below shows the right click on Google login page in v3. I have an option to select from my three accounts. In v4, I can only select "1Password" and then select the account. That is an extra step. Also happens even if there is only one login for a web page.

v3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29876929/screen 1.tiff

v4: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29876929/screen 2.tiff

• @ken1

1. 1Password 4 no longer has an option to store your master password in the OS X Keychain. You are required to enter your master password after a restart.

As said by @MikeT in another discussion:

We made a lot of major security improvements in 1Password 4 and we removed the ability to store your master password in the OS X keychain (we actually removed this in 1Password 3.9.x a year ago).

1. This is also no longer present in 1Password 4.

As said by @Roustem in another discussion:

I am not sure we can do this easily in the new extension.

In 1Password 3, all browser extension code was created in JavaScript and it was running in the browser. It had some benefits (including being able to add items to the menu of some browsers) and but it also had many disadvantages.

We'll see what we can do to get this feature back but it is not something that can be done in a couple of days.

This discussion has been closed.