App won't launch

Options
Mirpurguy
Mirpurguy
Community Member

I've been using 1 Password for a month or two now. Upgraded to Mountain Lion, and updated to 1 Password 4, and it still worked. But this week suddenly I can't launch the 1 Password app. Nor can I edit credit card info in my Mini, though I can log on to websites. Why has the app stopped working? If I click on it, it bounces and then stops. Nothing happens.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know why the app has stopped working but have you tried:

1. rebooting; and
    2. if that doesn't work, re-installing the app?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by being able to "log on to websites". Do you mean manually, or somehow using 1Password?

Stephen

• Mirpurguy
    Mirpurguy
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've tried restarting computer several times. I was afraid to reinstall, for fear all my data would be lost. Do I have to delete the app first and then reinstall? My data will still be there? "Log onto websites" meant using 1 Password. Although, when I tried to log onto this forum, it didn't save correctly in 1 Password, so I have no idea what the login should be, since it was a generated password that I didn't store elsewhere. I registered again in my husbands' name and email so I could get on. But other websites can be accessed through the logins of 1 Password.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

How are you managing to use 1Password to log in, if it won't open? Do you mean that you are using it through your browser (like Safari, or Firefox—using the little key icon in the browser)?

So long as you delete only the application file, and don't use an app cleaner which deletes everything it thinks might be linked to 1Password, you should not lose any data if you delete the app and then re-install.

Edit: yes, delete the application file before trying to re-install.

If you still have problems after re-installing let us know whether you're using the version of 1P4 bought from the Mac App Store or whether it's the AgileBits store version.

Stephen

• Mirpurguy
    Mirpurguy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Reinstalling it worked!

• Mirpurguy
    Mirpurguy
    Community Member
    Options

Now is there any way to find out what was wrong with my login to AgileBits and get back into my own login for this forum? Can I reset the password for my own email login?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thank goodness for that: I was running out of ideas! :)

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @Mirpurguy.

It's great @Stephen_C could help you get 1Password working again! Now let's also get this resolved:

Now is there any way to find out what was wrong with my login to AgileBits and get back into my own login for this forum? Can I reset the password for my own email login?

Here's what to do to reset your AgileBits Forum password:

• Click Sign Out near the top right corner of any forum page.
    • Click Sign In, also near the top right corner.
    • Click Forgot? in this window that pops up:

• Enter the Email address or username for your forum account, then click REQUEST A NEW PASSWORD, in the next window:

Then check your email for information to use for getting back into your own forum account again.

If you'd like more help with this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.