No Dropbox Sync

Options
statler_rgbg
statler_rgbg
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello, ich want a Sync over Dropbox. The Dropbox Account and the Software (2.4.7) on my OS X 10.8.5 works fine. Only 1Password (4.0.9) can't sync. I confirm the Settings in 1Password, all is ok and analog your faq, but when in finish the parameter i became the fault indication "Sie werden aufgefordert die Syncronisierung zu deaktivieren um eine andere Syncronisierungsoption zu wählen" - i translate: "you'll invite to disable the Sync to choose anonder Sync-Option".
My First way was: new installing of the Dropbox-Software, Deinstalling the 1Passwort Software (incl. Delete the Library Entrys), new start of my mac ... nothing helps ...

The Sync of the 1password File on my Dropbox Account with my iphone works fine - 1 Password for OS X write also the Key in Dropbox - only the Deskop Software makes no sync ...

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @statler_rgbg.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting Dropbox syncing to work with 1Password 4. So we can help you through email to fix it please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

• tcufrog
    tcufrog
    Community Member
    Options

Hi SJK,

I'm having trouble syncing with Dropbox, as well. My e-mails to the company have gone unanswered for over two weeks. I hope you can respond more quickly.

My problems started when Dropbox sync quit working with 1PW3 on all of my Apple devices and Macbook Pro. That seemed to happen when 1PW4 was released. (approx. Nov. 2). So, I upgraded to 1PW4 on my Macbook Pro. And, all of my portable Apple devices have the latest update installed from the App Store. I have a Windows computer at work that I think is still using 1PW3.

Since upgrading to 1PW4, I have several different situations going on depending on the device. It appears that the keychain in Dropbox is empty (i.e. it no longer contains my data). There is a file that says "Tod's conflicted copy" in the main directory. In the data default folder, there are many keychain files....all dated Nov. 2....the approximate date I upgraded. I don't know if any of them are the last current version that existed before upgrading.

All of my logins still appear on my iPhone and iPad, but I am seeing the red exclamation point (!) in the Dropbox sync section of the app. I think that's why my logins have NOT YET been wiped out on those devices (because it's not syncing with the corrupt or problematic Dropbox keychain and, therefore, has not been overwritten by blank keychain data). I have tapped the exclamation point, and was told that the data on my device(s) "does not match what is on Dropbox" and am asked if I want to MERGE the data. So far, I have DECLINED to do so for fear that my existing data on those devices will also disappear. As it stands, I can still see my correct data on my iPhone and iPads.

To summarize: (1) On my iPhone and iPads, my data still appears, but I get the Dropbox sync error. (2) On my Macbook Pro, when I open 1PW4, all of my logins appear by name and with icons (and some even contain the appropriate web addresses that I entered previously), BUT ALL OF THE SAVED USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS ARE GONE. (3) On my Windows computer at work, the data all still seems to be there, but I don't think it is syncing with Dropbox.

The question is....do I go ahead and merge data with Dropbox from one of the devices that still contains the last current version of all of my data......or do I have to do something else to get all data back into the Dropbox keychain so it is current and will then properly sync or propagate data to the rest of my devices? I have not done a restore, backup or merge.

Let me know how I can get existing Logins back onto Dropbox so that I can sync all of my devices to a current state...without having to re-enter them all manually.

Thanks,
    Tod

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tcufrog.

I did locate your email to us and Kyle's sent you a reply. I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding. We've been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and really appreciate your patience.

This discussion has been closed.