Using the password generator

Options
ericwinsagain
ericwinsagain
Community Member

When using the password generator on some sites, the system does enter the chosen passwords both in the password field and in the confirm password field. Unfortunately, the website consistently says passwords don't match. No matter what I do. I can't make this work. It does work if I choose my own passwords.
Any ideas?????

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ericwinsagain,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately, some websites don't quite play nicely with 1Password. The great thing about the password generator though is that it will copy the password to your clipboard (by default) when you hit 'Fill', so if anything doesn't work with the fill, you can always manually copy your new password into the appropriate fields.

If you are having consistent trouble with one or two websites though, feel free to send us the website address so that we can do some testing on our end. :)

This discussion has been closed.