Sharing vaults not working

Options
Eggman
Eggman
Community Member

I have updated to 1Password 4 and have tried to share a secondary vault with my wife. When I double click on the Family.agilekeychain file in the shared Dropbox folder that I created on her Mac 1Password will ask for me to enter the vault's password - which I do. Unfortunately it does not recognise the password. Obviously I have ensured that I have entered the correct password and have tried setting up other shared vaults but the problem occurs every time. I happen to note that the password hint that displays when it doesn't accept the password is (null).

Comments

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eggman and @rburgst

I apologize for the inconvenience here. There's a bit of a bug in the latest version that won't allow you to double-click to open a secondary vault in Dropbox. Our developers are working on getting this properly sorted out out, but in the meantime, I'd like you to try this workaround:

• Create a new vault via the 1Password Menu > Create New vault,
    • Match the name/password of the secondary vault that you are trying to sync up
    • Enable Dropbox/Folder sync to select that file.

Does this work for you?

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mean to create the vault on the 2nd machine where I need to import the valut?

• couet
    couet
    Community Member
    Options

I did what Megan mentioned (before reading this thread) and it worked for me. I have the primary vault on ICloud. For this one all is fine there is no need to perform extra operations to see it on all my OSX/IOS machines. The two others I created are synchronised using DropBox as 1Password told me that only the Primary one can be on ICloud. Then, as explained by Megan, I had to create an empty new vault (for each of them) and then was enough to synchronise them on the Dropbox files previously created. My only issue with vaults is now the fact that I cannot see them on my IOS devices.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rburgst,

Yes, you'll need to create the vault on the machine that you want to import it to (the machine where double-clicking to open the vault is not working.)

Hi @couet,

I apologize for the inconvenience here. Multiple vaults is currently a Mac only feature, so 1Password 4 for iOS at this point can only see your primary vault. We're working hard to bring multiple vault support to iOS but I can't give you a timeline right now. We really do appreciate your patience :)

• leftride
    leftride
    Community Member
    Options

This is great information, but it should be referenced in http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/share-vault.html since that process doesn't work

• Eggman
    Eggman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I have updated my version of the MAS 1Password but unfortunately I can no longer even get 1Password to sync to Dropbox, let alone get it to share vaults. I get the following error message when I attempt to sync the new vault that I created to Dropbox:

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper unexpectedly quit the last time it was run. Would you like to send a crash report to AgileBits?

I see that there are a number of issues with Dropbox syncing in the forum. I hoped that the new version of 1Password would have solved the problem.

PS I have sent a crash report through

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

@leftride,

Thanks for the suggestion. We want the vault sharing process to be accurately documented.

@Eggman,

Does the new vault (keychain) name in Dropbox that you've created, which triggers the helper crash when trying to sync with it, contain any Space characters?

• Eggman
    Eggman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

No the keychain name does not contain any space characters

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @Eggman.

There's an issue with keychain filenames that contain Space characters causing crashes when configuring Folder Sync (and Dropbox Sync) on 4.0.8 but you've got a different one. To get more help resolving this through email now please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.