Can’t Copy/Paste Tags

Options
8tracker
8tracker
Community Member

I just upgraded to v4 and have found I can’t copy/paste tags from one entry to another. Specifically, I'm in Secure Notes and copy from an existing entry into a new entry and nothing happens. What I end up getting is a blank tag, not the tags I copied.

Any ideas as to a fix?

Comments

• 8tracker
    8tracker
    Community Member
    Options

One more thing…

When I add a tag, I have to hit Return twice for it to take.

• 8tracker
    8tracker
    Community Member
    Options

AND Another thing…

When I click and move tags — to change the order — they disappear.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @8tracker,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with tags right now. These issues are known to our developers, and we're hoping to have some better behaviour for tags soon. I do apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

• 8tracker
    8tracker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I just ran the update [Version 4.0.8 (408001)], and now the copy/paste tag thing is even worse. When I select a set of say, three tags, and copy from one entry to another, it pastes three tags, but it pastes three copies of whatever tag preceding the cursor was three times. As an example, I copy "airline", "mileage", and "travel" from one entry, then paste it to a new entry where the last tag was "shop". I then get "shop" "shop" "shop" "shop".

Whatever shall I do?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The best ways to add tags at present are:

1. drag the item to the appropriate tag in the list of tags;
    2. start typing the name of the tag and rely on auto complete (which I find easier and quicker).

Arguably, neither way is hugely onerous. :)

Stephen

• 8tracker
    8tracker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I have been simply starting to type and then do what you've mentioned above to select the tag. I like to have the same tags fro the kinds of logins — this method forces me find an existing login and go back-and-forth until I have the same tags. Onerous indeed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @8tracker,

I'm glad @Stephen_C's suggestions have been useful while we work to improve the tag functioning in 1Password 4. Again, as a big fan of tags myself, I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope we'll have a better solution for you soon!

This discussion has been closed.