Unable to unlock my vault in Dropbox

Options
cvikman
cvikman
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello,

I have a fully functional 1password-setup over Windows, OSX and IOS. Everything syncs in a good way and I am able to use it over all devices.

However I am unable to open my vault in Dropbox, the reply I get is "incorrect password.

What should I do?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@cvikman

Would you be referring to 1PasswordAnywhere ?

If you are in fact referring to 1PasswordAnywhere, do you have any special characters in your password? Its been a while, but I have seen a few topics about specific special characters being an issue with 1PasswordAnywhere.

If you do have them, I am thinking you may wish to email support directly. They will be able to better help trying to determine the specific issue. support@agilebits.com

Another thought which browser are you trying to open it with ? Are you trying to open it from a full fledged browser and not a mobile one etc.

• cvikman
    cvikman
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower

I am indeed talking about 1PasswordAnywhere and I am using special characters :(.

I will reach out to support@agilebits.com and see if they can help me, I will report back here if I find a solution.

(I am using chrome on a desktop computer)

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

@cvikman

I have a couple special characters [ in my master password and have no problem accessing my Primary Vault stored in the default location on Dropbox via 1pwAnywhere; however, the same password fails on a secondary vault stored in a different dropbox folder, so 1pwAnywhere appears to be sensitive to either the specific keychain name or where it's stored on DB. I reported that apparent bug in a post several days ago but haven't had any acknowledgement.

I don't know if this is your situation, but thought I'd mention it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cvikman,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

At this point, 1Password Anywhere does not generally react well to special characters. We recommend using only ASCII characters in your Master Password. Could you try altering your Master Password and see if 1Password Anywhere handles it any better?

This discussion has been closed.