Safari extension not working well

Options
robsonch
robsonch
Community Member

Not sure if was discussed before or even if were solved, if was sorry for that, but i since upgrade to 1P4 when i am using safari and will use one password stored in 1P4 it doesn't fulfill... does anybody else had same issue?
Thanks, regards, Robson.

Comments

• robsonch
    robsonch
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Forgot to mention, using the extension 4.01 and Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71) and follow instructions in http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html as well.
    I reinstall the extension and even trying the 1P4 Version 4.1.BETA-1 (410001)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Robson ( @robsonch ),

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I am sorry that you've been having trouble with the Safari extension right now. But I would like to thank you for going through the list of Filling Issues. That's always a great place to start.

I'd love to hear a bit more this issue:

• Just to be sure we're on the same page, is the issue with 1Password not filling in your user information, or is 1Password not submitting the data to automatically log you in?
    • Is the Safari extension misbehaving on all websites? Or is it just one or two that are acting up?

Any information you could provide will be useful in tracking this issue down so that we can get things up and running for you :)

• mpmchugh
    mpmchugh
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Login info is not being filled in in any Safari forms for me. I've got the latest versions of Safari 7.0 (9537.71) and 1Password 4.0.8 (408001). I re-installed the extension a couple times, restarted the app and the mini app as well. Works fine in Firefox, but not Safari at all.

I'm not getting any errors at all. When I select a login from either the mini app via keyboard shortcut or via the Safari toolbar icon, nothing happens. In the case of the 1P min shortcut, it loads the page in Safari, but doesn't fill in the login details at all.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpmchugh,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the Safari extension. I assume that you went through all of the suggestions that were in the 1Password fails to fill data article that was linked to above, but just in case, I'll link to it again. :)

I would like you to try something for me: disable 'Animate form filling' in Preferences > Browsers. Does this help?

This discussion has been closed.