Any way to send data from 1Password mini to external apps like Creative Cloud plugin in Finder? [No]

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I'm having to often sign in to Creative Cloud, which is in a drop down menu in the Finder. With it open if I go to 1P in the Finder menu and select Adobe Customer ID I get taken to Safari. I guess there's no way to go from the 1P menu to the CC login menu? It would be great if there were a way around that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @TomWolskey,

I'm not familiar with Creative Cloud. It sounds like you're referring to a custom folder in your Finder that is connected to Creative Cloud, like Dropbox with their Dropbox folder.

If that's true, then, at the moment, there's no way to do that. 1Password can only auto-fill in web browsers, where its extensions can be installed as part of the web browsers, not other apps. This allows us to securely transmit data between both endpoints.

At the moment, your best choice is anchor your Creative Cloud item via 1Password mini, and then copy/paste quickly between them.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, Creative Cloud is Adobe's new approach to distributing their software like Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Acrobat, etc. Along with its introduction, Adobe quit providing permanent licenses to buy and keep. They replaced those with a subscription model where the monthly charge depends on how much of the suite of software you need access to.

I will soon take out a subscription for photographers that allows access only to Photoshop and Lightroom, but since I have yet to do so, I can't provide any insights into how one must access Creative Cloud. I do know that the software itself still resides locally on the user's hard drive and that there is a monthly call to the mothership to verify that the subscription is up-to-date.

This discussion has been closed.