1Password disappeared, sort of...

Options
bassmint
bassmint
Community Member

1Password iPhone 5 stopped syncing with drop box. It wouldn't take the correct id/pass. Thought app was bad, deleted it. Went to reinstall and it wants me to buy it again. Not in my previous purchases. Where'd it go?
T-Mobile iPhone 5

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bassmint,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the iOS app. What version of 1Password did you have installed on your phone previously? In any case, 1Password should not have disappeared from your purchase history. Please ensure that you are signed in to the App Store with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase.

• ApplianceJunk
    ApplianceJunk
    Community Member
    Options

That exact same thing happened to me. For weeks I had not been able to sync with dropbox and the 1Password app on my iPhone 5 would give me a message that it was no longer comparable with dropbox to download the updated version. So tonight well searching your site for a answer I come across something that said it maybe easiest to remove the app from my iPhone and download it again. Well after removing the 1PW from my phone the only thing I could find was the newest version of the it in the app store for $17.99 or what ever it was. I don't recall what my old version was and I can't find it anymore, lol... but I paid for the newest version for both my iPhone and Mac. IPassword is something I have used daily since 2010 and I knew the upgrade would be worth every penny.

I'm able to sync with dropbox, iCloud and wifi now just fine, thanks!

• ApplianceJunk
    ApplianceJunk
    Community Member
    Options

Just looking in iTune on my Macbook. Under my iPhone apps I can see the old icon for the old version of 1PW, but I don't see a version listed for it.
    In fact I can see both the icon for the old and new 1PW on my macbook iTune store, but one my iPhone I can only see the new one I purchase.

Anyway it looks like the old version could be reinstalled onto my phone using my macbook and iTunes, maybe that helps?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ApplianceJunk,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the shiny new version of 1Password! Dropbox made some changes to their API that made it impossible for 1Password 3 for iOS to sync using Dropbox. Thanks for choosing to upgrade :)

For what it's worth, you should still be able to access 1Password 3 for iOS from the App Store in the Updates > Purchases section, as long as you are logged in with the AppleID that you originally made the purchase.

If you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.