Issue with 1Password 4.32 running on iPhone 5s/7.0.3

Options
AndyS1967
AndyS1967
Community Member

I run 1Password on my Mac and iPad.

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5s and have been installing all my apps. I got to 1Password. When i try and run it it prompts for a password. I enter was is my password on the Mac and iPad but i get an error saying password is incorrect. Reading the help and support pages suggest 1Password should enter a setup mode on first use. Mine isn't. It goes straight to the password screen.

I was sceptical as soon as it did this because no where has i told 1Password to link to dropbox for my shared Keychain.

I've deleted and reinstalled, no look.

How to i get this fixed?

Andy

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article help, by any chance?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AndyS1967,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty getting 1Password set up on your iPad. Did @Stephen_C's suggestion help you at all?

The behaviour you are seeing is correct. 1Password will perform a search of iCloud and Dropbox when it is first installed. If it finds data there, it will simply prompt you for the Master Password instead of offering you the set-up screen.

If the Master Password for your Mac isn't working on your iOS device, there is a chance that 1Password is finding old or inaccurate data in either Dropbox or iCloud. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• AndyS1967
    AndyS1967
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your comment.. Unfortunately that didn't help. I was aware that the same password is used across all devices. The strange thing is that the phone is actually telling me the correct password hint, and even though i type this correctly it fails to acknowledge it as correct.

I will try the diagnostic tool, but must admit i'm a little confused. How can 1password check dropbox and icloud when i haven't entered my credentials anywhere into the app?

Andy

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andy ( @AndyS1967 ),

If you're seeing the correct password hint, I'm curious - do you have any special or accented characters in your Master Password? iOS can have trouble reading those. We only recommend ASCII characters in your Master Password to avoid confusion.

How can 1password check dropbox and icloud when i haven't entered my credentials anywhere into the app?

1Password will only check these services if you are logged in. If you are logged in to iCloud or Dropbox on your iOS, 1Password will scan for your data. Keep in mind that you will still need to enter your Master Password before you get access to this data.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but if you do have any further questions - please let us know! (And of course, if my question about characters in your password doesn't give you access, please send in that report to our support team.)

This discussion has been closed.