Purchased but i'm still on trial??

Options
Bartvdv
Bartvdv
Community Member

Hi,

Until a few days ago I was using a trial version of 1password. I figured it was a good program, so I decided to purchase it. Instead of using your website, I purchased it via the App Store. But that was apparently a mistake. After downloading, it still shows as a trial version? In the App Store, the online thing I can see is that it is installed. I received my bill, but there is no information on it with regards to a license. Not to mention its a lot more expensive on the App Store. Uninstalling and reinstalling also didn't work (for a while 1password wasn't working at all).

So every time I open 1password now, it says that my trial is expired, even though I was charged 44.99 euro. I would like to have this resolved asap.

I can provide you with a copy of my bill (App Store) if required or anything else you might need.

Regards,

Bart

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Agilebits will solve your problem, but they may be a bit slow because they have so much mail to deal with at present.

Basically, programs bought direct from developers (such as 1PW from AgileBits) usually require a license. But programs bought from the App Store do not require a license, they simply need your Apple ID at the time of purchase (or installation).

It seems likely that you now have two versions, the Agilebits one and the App Store one, though I can't be sure of that.

You could try asking Apple for your money back on the App Store version. They sometimes help, though they are not keep on doing so.

Or, as you can see in many threads, Agilebits, given enough time, will provide you with a license if you send them your App Store bill.

Be aware that there are some differences between the two versions, most notably that if you want to sync via ICloud that is only guaranteed to work with the App Store version.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @danco: it does sound as though you still have both versions on your machine. This knowledge base article ought to help you if you want to keep the Mac App Store version and get rid of the previous trial version from AgileBits. Don't worry that it appears to relate to the betas: the same principles should still apply.

The problems you're having arise from the fact that the Mac App Store version stores things in different places to the AgileBits store version, because of sandboxing used by the Mac App Store version.

Stephen

• Bartvdv
    Bartvdv
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C, I believe you were right. I think I managed to get it to work now, although I'm not entirely sure it was uninstalled properly. I still don't have any login info though...but apparently this is apple's way of doing things. Thanks for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bartvdv,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that you've been receiving some good advice here in the forum. Generally to uninstall 1Password 4 you want to uncheck the 'Always keep 1Password Mini running' in Preferences, then quit the app and move it to the trash. We don't recommend doing much more than that.

If you are missing Login information, I'd be happy to help you find it. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.