Family License Vs Business

Options
Ziggy Hudson
Ziggy Hudson
Community Member

I wanted to purchase 10 licenses for our small office - at first I thought I was going to purchase two family accounts. However the site blocked the purchase, telling me to do the Business multi-seat instead. But when I went in for 10 seats, I found I'd end up paying twice as much!

What is the reason for this? Does the business license have any features I wouldn't get as a family license? Am I going to lose features by purchasing the family license? Or am I expected to purchase every seat at full price only because I'm a business. What's to stop me from purchasing two separate family accounts?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ziggy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties getting your hands on 1Password. I'd love to help you out!

First of all, I'd like to explain our policies a bit. We do not want business owners to feel penalized here. We do however want to encourage families to take full advantage of 1Password - particularly with the Shared Vaults feature in 1Password 4. :) As a part of our strategy here we have put some pretty great discounts into place specifically to make it easy for users to share 1Password with their family. Unfortunately this discount is so good that we just can't extend it everywhere. (We would if we could!)

The business store does provide a discount from the regular priced software to make it easier for business owners such as yourself who need to purchase a larger number of licenses.

In any case, there is no difference in features between the various license packages - in any case you have full access to all of 1Password 4's features.

I hope this helps to explain our position, but if you have any further questions about this, please send an email to support+social@ agilebits .com and I'd be happy to help you further.

This discussion has been closed.