Master Password not accepted

Options
Tom Saving
Tom Saving
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

It appears that new users of 1Password 4 are unable to restore their data files because it appears that the stored master password appears to be corrupted or stored incorrectly. Continue to wait for agile bits to respond to problem.

Comments

• Tom Saving
    Tom Saving
    Community Member
    Options

Restart instructions correct problem. However, start from scratch.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm assuming this is the same issue as discussed in your other topic? Reset Master Password

A search of the forum doesn't show any other 1Password users experiencing this issue. The only other similar case was a false alarm, as the user was entering their master password incorrectly: Master password rejected under 1Pwd 4.0.7 and Mavericks

You'll definitely hear from AgileBits, they're just a bit busy right now with the launch of 1Password 4, but my guess is that the most likely cause of the problem is an incorrectly entered master password. I personally haven't heard of any other cause for this, sorry!

• Hi Tom,

I apologize for the late reply but your post is in the Lounge and we don't tend to look here very often when we get busy.

Did you manage to solve your issue? If you're still having issues, please let us know and we'll investigate.

This discussion has been closed.