Backup fails - 1Password v4.0.8 Mac

Options
MaChris
MaChris
Community Member

Hello,

first of all please excuse my English - I am not a native speaker and I have to translate the following into English, because of running 1Password in german language.

After installation of 1Password v4.0.8 from Apple Mac App Store I tried to backup my logins.
I opened the preferences, clicked on the backup register and clicked on backup now.
After that I got a notification "Backup failed - Creation of a backup of 1Password failed: Error Domain=com.agilegits.onepassword.Erro...".

I don't know hot to get the full text in Mavericks Notifications and I don't know how to get 1Password to make a backup.

Please help - thanks in advance.

MaChris

Comments

• MaChris
    MaChris
    Community Member
    Options

I left the Mac for a few hours alone and ...
    it is now making backups as it didn't before.

I don't believe on self-healing power, especially not together with electronic devices ...
    Anyway - not it works. :-)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you get the error again try Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. That usually cures it.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

"Backup failed - Creation of a backup of 1Password failed: Error Domain=com.agilegits.onepassword.Erro...".

This could happen when a backup was already running. I have seen it in my usage and the team indicated it was an backup already running problem. When I experienced it was after adding my keychain. I wanted to get a backup asap, so I manually triggered it. Received the error and then a minute or so later a backup was completed,

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow, Tommy. How long are your 1P4 backups taking that you can manage to start one before another's finished? :D

This discussion has been closed.